Please familiarize yourself with the sample lease, house rules, planning guidelines, and cancellation policy below. We revise the “What You’ll Find” and “Packing + Shopping” lists periodically as we make updates to the house, so please review them before each visit to our home.
Booking Your Vacation
The house is available to rent April through November. Check availability here. Your signed lease and deposit (50% rental cost plus 50% security deposit) ensure that we reserve your desired week(s) and stop advertising them to other prospective renters. The remaining balance is due 5 weeks before your arrival date.
Have questions or ready to book now? Send inquiries to our House Manager, Tamar, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
If you have to cancel for any reason, our policy is as follows:
- If we are able to rent your week(s) to another tenant at the same price you paid, you get 100% of your money back.
- If you cancel late enough that we have to offer a discount to rent the house, then we refund all of your money except the difference between the original price and the last-minute discounted price.
- If you don’t show up or cancel so late that we cannot rent the house at all, you will not receive a refund. Please show up and enjoy!
Why this policy?
First and foremost because many families are looking forward to a beach vacation and we want to make sure that our house is rented by folks who will use it, love it, and care for it like we do, not let it sit empty. Furthermore, this house has been in our family for generations and has needed some rather costly improvements after 45+ years. These include:
- New forced hot-air furnace and central air conditioning system with ductwork throughout the house (2007)
- New flooring (2008)
- Custom water filtration system (2009)
- New and enlarged mahogany deck (2010)
- New roof and sliding glass doors (2011)
- Main floor bathroom renovation (2012)
- Appliances (including new French-door refrigerator in 2013, smart TV in 2019, smart dishwasher in 2021)
- New Title V septic system (nothing wrong with the old one, just time for an update in 2013)
Rental fees help to finance these improvements and keep the house running smoothly, so everyone can enjoy a pristine, updated house. Welcome to our home!