Wellfleet is a charming town full of art galleries, cute boutiques, family-friendly restaurants, hiking/biking trails, and of course beautiful beaches (ocean, bay, and ponds). Here are a few of our favorite things to do in the area.
- Drive-In Theatre: the only drive-in movie theatre on the Cape; a real treat!
- Jeff Soderbergh Gallery: exquisitely crafted contemporary furniture and art, created from reclaimed, sustainable materials.
- Narrow Land Pottery: beautiful, hand-thrown decorative and functional pieces. (Tip: Joe, the potter, is incredibly friendly and knowledgeable, as are his adorable corgis who peek in the shop.)
- The Town of Wellfleet sponsors free concerts and plays at Baker’s Field and square dancing on the town pier throughout the summer.
- See plays at the Wellfleet Harbor Actors Theater (WHAT) year-round, plus film screenings and HD livecasts of the Metropolitan Opera.
- Bay: around the corner from our house!
- Ocean: Cahoon Hollow, Lecount Hollow, Newcomb Hollow, White Crest
- Ponds: Duck Pond, Great Pond, Gull Pond, Long Pond
Favorite Wellfleet Spots
- Herridge Books: multiple stories of used books; you’re sure to get sucked in!
- The Wellfleet Public Library is the perfect place to spend a rainy day and also hosts speakers, readings, and community events.
- Wellfleet Farmers Market: every Wednesday May-October
- Wellfleet Flea Market: 200 vendors fill the Drive-In’s parking lot. (Tip: bring cash and reusable shopping bags.)
- A Nice Cream Stop/Emack & Bolio’s: the sign in front says the former, but everyone calls it the latter. Delicious either way. (Tip: cash only.)
- Bagel Hound: real bagels made in house with all the fixings (new in 2022)
- Bookstore & Restaurant: excellent seafood and large cocktail menu. Clam chowder is a must!
- Ciraldi: elegant 7-course dinner served with wine pairings and other curated house-made beverages. Reserve your spot well in advance.
- PB Boulangerie Bistro: savory and sweet French delicacies, available for dine in or pick up. If you have a sweet tooth, PB’s pastries are for you!
- PJ’s: seafood, ice cream…what more could you want on a hot day?
- The Wicked Oyster: longtime Wellfleetians will understand our deep sadness when The Lighthouse closed at the end of the 2018 season. The Wicked O is a great alternative for scrumptious brunch and also offers dinner plus a full bar.
- Winslow’s Tavern: date night with or without the kids!
There are many overnight and day camps on the Cape, serving kids and young adults from pre-school through high school. Here are a couple that kids in our family have attended and loved.